generic emhotep tab BHi There!  Em Hotep, which has been inactive for a year (the website, at least), is in the process of coming back to life.  While this is going on, some strange happenings may occur, such as you getting notice that a post you submitted a year ago has finally been approved.  Sorry about that.  I am wading through literally thousands of spam messages (it seems the filter broke somewhere along the way) looking for the genuine comments.  If I miss any of you, my apologies in advance.  I am working on a more detailed post of what I have been up to (for the short answer, go here, as well as here) and what you can expect from Em Hotep as we return to the online Egyptological community.

Again, if your post gets accidentally deleted as we clean things up, I apologize.  If, however, your post was some variety of conspiracy theory, new age manifesto, or anything to do with ancient aliens, it wasn’t overlooked, it went out with the spam.  Sorry.  This is a site for Egyptology, not quackery.  And on that note…

Thanks for checking back in!

–Keith

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 at 8:03 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments so far

Philippe

Hi Keith

For my side, no problems of lost posts. I wrote my latest recent comment because I received a normal notification (I asked for it) email from the web site saying that someone post a new comment on the involved page. Then I haven’t resisted to add a new comment to remember the three years old ones 🙂

April 9th, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Susi Smith

Looking eagerly forward to MORE and MORE because, quite frankly, the news here is exciting, informative and enlightening! Thank you for your time and your patience with all the comments!

April 9th, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Hi Philippe 🙂

I received your recent submission, and made an editorial decision to not post it. The points you raised in your post had already been raised previously, as noted, there were no real new points raised, and the purpose seemed to be to point out that your perspective had not received a response.

From an editorial perspective, you had already raised the issues about the shaft, presented your opinion, and was merely pointing out that nobody had responded. Not all posts get responses, for a variety of reasons. If I pass along every post that basically points out that previous posts had not been responded to, then things would get cluttered pretty quickly around here.

I hope you understand. You had already put forth your opinion. Repeating it, with perhaps the implied suggestion that since you had not received a response meant that you occupied some high ground, just seemed needlessly argumentative. You had the space to say your opinion. So far nobody has responded to it. To make a post pointing this out seems like overkill.

Your opinions and views are always welcome here, Philippe 🙂 But to continue to hammer the point home because you received no response does not add to the conversation.

Thanks for participating!

–Keith

April 10th, 2015 at 8:59 am

Thank you, Susi! You’re enthusiasm is part of why we do what we do! Stay tuned for a more detailed post of what is going on with Em Hotep. Things are getting rolling again, but there have been some technical obstacles that have reared their ugly heads due to the software and plugins being out of date. I plan to address that this weekend. But I hope to get a more detailed post up later this evening about what is going on.

Stay tuned! 🙂

–Keith

April 10th, 2015 at 9:01 am
Aladin Fazel

that’s really a good (&hopeful) news!! 🙂

April 11th, 2015 at 10:00 am
Matt

The Site Looks and works great

April 12th, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Jan Bailey

Welcome Back!
Looking forward to good articles once again.
Jan

April 12th, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Very happy to return you to my favorites bar & at such an exciting time 🙂

November 12th, 2015 at 11:21 am